The following list details some of the many issues
that pertain to all masses going forward for the foreseeable future.
Please respect and adhere to the procedures listed below. Information regarding
mass registration and our mass schedule will also be provided below. Thank you
Because of social distancing, there will be limits on
how many people may be in attendance at parish masses. At this time, all
parishes are requested to have a pre-registration for each mass.
this, I ask that you please contact Louise Mallett, our Business
Manager, via call or text message at 617-306-2022
between 8AM and 6PM. You may also email her at
giving the necessary information listed below (we will confirm your
reservation via email or phone). We do ask that you register at least one day in advance of the mass you plan on attending.
At the time you
register, please tell her the following information:
- Which mass you would like to attend (Date and
Time - For example, "Sunday at 9AM")
- How many people are attending
- Their names
- Who of these people are in your household
- A phone number to reach you/them.
This is to better determine how much capacity we
have left in the church, and to insure that if needed, we may conduct a
contact search in case of a positive Coronavirus diagnosis for someone
who was in attendance.
Our Saturday masses @ 4:00PM have resumed.
Our Sunday masses @
7:30AM, 9:00AM, and 10:30AM have all resumed.
Weekday masses @ 9:00AM have resumed.
In-church funerals have resumed.
For all these occasions, the safety measures,
including signing in, wearing masks and social distancing of 6ft will be observed. Also,
mass attendees will only be admitted 15 minutes prior to the mass and
all will need to depart the church immediately at the conclusion of the
Procedures to follow -
- Entry will be permitted only 15 minutes prior to
mass, this is to ensure the church is properly sanitized.
- For example, if the mass on Saturday begins at 4pm,
entrants will not be allowed in until 3:45pm.
- Doors will be closed and no entry will be
permitted once the Gospel has started.
Exceptions to this requirement are as follows:
- All persons, including children 5+, entering the
church must wear a mask or other facial covering that covers the
face and mouth.
- Children under the age of 2.
- Children between ages 2 - 5 is at the
discretion of the parents.
- Those who have medical issues that prevent
them from wearing a mask.
- All entrants to the church need to sign in with
their name (First and Last) and a contact phone number. The
information collected will be used solely for the purposes of
contacting those who attended a mass or ceremony, in the event of an
individual(s) who later tested positive for coronavirus, and can be
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the church
during mass. If you bring in a beverage, you will be asked to leave
it at the front of the church and pick it up when you leave.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available as you enter and
leave the church. We ask that you please be aware of how much you
take; a little goes a long way.
- Gloves may be worn, except when receiving
- Communion must be given on the hand only.
Communion will not be given on the tongue.
- There will also be no sharing of the cup, and no
sign of peace.
- There will be arrows along the floor to direct
the flow of traffic. Please abide by these directions and do not
back-track to your seat or cut across from the main aisle to the
side aisles. Markings will be laid out to advise on a
6ft distance from one another. Again, please pay attention to these
markings and to those around you.
- Please sit only in the designated pews and stay
6ft from the person beside you unless they are a part of your
- There will be tape across the pews that are to
remain empty. Please respect these areas and do not sit or walk
through these areas.
- There will be no congregational singing; missalettes and hymnals will be removed from the pews.
- Weekly bulletins and Pilot newspapers will also
be removed and given out on weekend masses at the end of mass. The bulletins will be available to view on our
website or through
parishesonline.com. The Pilot is available at
- There will be no collections during the mass. We
encourage all parishioners to
for electronic giving on our website
stjosephparishmalden.com. For those who wish to provide their
weekly envelopes or loose currency, we will have staff members and
lockboxes at the entrance of the church to collect those from you.
We sincerely thank you for your donations.
- Only 40% maximum of the church capacity is
allowed in the church at any one time.
- At the end of the service, please do not
congregate with each other and respect proper social
- Please take all personal belongings with you
before you leave.
- Please dispose of all trash in the
trash bins at the entrances and exits.
I know these stipulations are unusual, but we live in
unusual times and we need to protect each other.
Thank You, Stay Safe and God Bless.
- Fr. Bill